Saturday, March 20, 2010



Wow! my first real entry for our family blog! We had a wonderful day today. Saturdays are magical here when the weather is warm. Today was one of those kind of days. It started off as usual- JOBS (lots of whining and moaning, but somehow we seem to find our way through a mess and transform our house into a clean one.) Steve usually has some outside work to do- and we end the day working outside with him. Today, he brought home a water trough for a horse. (I thought this meant that we were going to get a horse, which we had been going back and forth on for awhile now, but I was wrong :) He surprised the kids with 16 chicks- the trough was going to be their new home for awhile.(still think it will be for a horse later on! :) The kids went crazy and it felt like christmas. Holly never left the chicks side for the entire day, and right now they are next to her bed upstairs, cause she was worried something might happen to them in the night and no one would know.

We also moved rocks off the grass for about 1 hour, Dad and Tanner tilled about one acre of pasture land, and then we seeded it. We took a walk across our bridge to the tree and played under it for awhile. We watched Lance dig for voles and Copper try to figure out a way to fetch a stick out of the pond. He really wants to swim, but the mud is too thick around the edge of the pond. Taylor and her friend Annica, with help from me, tried to make a bridge over the mud, but it didn't work. It was still a lot of fun!!!
We also managed to watch march madness- happy for Northern Iowa, but sad for our BYU cougars. (I had Kansas going all the way, but it was fun to see Iowa win.) It is now 10:00 at night- the dishes are done and I am ready for bed. I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father who loves each of us so much. I hope I am worthy of His many blessings. Goodnight...................

4 comments:

  1. Chicks!!!! Grace will be so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just planted pasture grass- for a future animal- I'm hoping for a horse- Steve has his eye on a boring old cow! more practical- cause you can eat the cow! Why do men have to be so practical all the time? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! I'm so glad you have a blog!!! We need more people in the family to have a blog since most everyone lives away! Can't wait to see more:)

    ReplyDelete